The DT1102 INV (PS) provides galvanic isolation and signal conversion between the transmitter (or other signal source) and the signal processing unit. The transfer characteristics is inverse, i.e. it provides a decreasing output signal for an increasing input signal (e.g. converts 4-20 mA input signal to 20-4 mA output signal or converts 4-20 mA input signal to 10-0 V output signal).
The galvanic isolation is 3-way i.e. the input, output and power supply are galvanically isolated of each other.
The continuous isolation voltage is 250 VACeff in all three directions.
The instrument provides 20 VDC / 24 mA on the input for supplying passive two wire transmitters.
The input and output signal ranges can be selected in any combination using the front switches:
- 0-20 mA / 4-20 mA / 0-10 V / 2-10 V input
- 20-0 mA / 20-4 mA / 10-0 V / 10-2 V output
The instrument has two inputs:
- current: 0 (4) mA – 20 mA*
- voltage: 0 (2 ) V – 10 V*
The instrument has two outputs:
- current: 20 mA – 0 (4) mA *
- voltage: 10 V – 0 (2) V*
* it may be use only one input and one output at a time.
The device can be ordered with two types of power supply:
- DT1102 INV: 24 V ± 10% DC
- DT1102 INV PS: 230 V ± 10% AC/DC
The transfer characteristics are outstandingly good: nonlinearity < 0,02% TYP, temperature coefficient: 25 ppm / °C TYP.
Front LED indicators provide information on the presence of power and possible fault conditions.